Setting New Standards.
In our world, data security is becoming increasingly significant every day. At REISSWOLF, not only do we follow high standards, but we also want to make a true impact on how data will be handled in the future. That’s why we also participate in the development of new industry standards, as we just did with the new DIN-NORM 66399.
This is the new comprehensive industry standard for the shredding and destruction of all types of data media. It is the only standard in the world to regulate the whole procedure of data destruction. This new DIN standard addresses all parties involved in the business, including shredder producers, data and document destruction service providers, as well as end customers. The standard was developed by the German Institute for Standardization (DIN) in cooperation with industry stakeholders and with the participation of REISSWOLF. The new standard is unique and will become essential for the future of data destruction.
The following links provide you with some additional data protection laws and guidelines intended to safeguard personal information against misuse:
Data protection (English)
- BIR - Bureau of International Recycling
- NAID Association of document destroyers in the USA
- EPIC - Electronic Privacy Information Center
- European Commission LAB Data Protection (Privacy) - Information from the Legal Advisory Board of the European Commission
- SC Info Security News Magazine - Magazine on computer security with test reports, new developments and solutions
Data protection (German)
- BvD - Berufsverband der Datenschutzbeauftragten Deutschlands e.V.
- Bundesverband Entsorgung und Sekundärrohstoffe - Association for Secondary Raw Materials and Waste Disposal
- Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik - Federal Department for Security in the IT Sector
- www.datenschutz.de - General information on data protection
- Datenschutz-Berlin.de - The latest news on the topic of data protection
- Datenschutz und Datensicherheit - Magazine on Law and Security in Information Processing and Communication
- GDD - Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherung e.V.
- GWV Verlagsgesellschaft (Vieweg-Verlag) - Publications on the topic of data protection and data security
- Hamburger Datenschutz Gesellschaft - A forum of representatives from business, science, media and national data security officers
Records Management (English)
- PRISM - PRISM International (Professional Records & Information Services Management) is the not-for-profit trade association for the commercial information management industry